Thursday, August 2, 2012

Photos are back, bitches!

Phew! Hello again, everyone! Got two good pieces of news for you today. Here's the first one:




That's right! Now that everything but the cover is penciled, inked, and lettered (I left the cover for last in part so I'd have something to work on while my beta readers worked their mojo) all I have left is the toning and then it'll be ready to send to the printers. My goal date for that, as mentioned before, is the 10th. I'm a little uncertain as to whether I'll be able to hit that, or whether I'll be a few days late. (Lettering took much longer than expected.) But hopefully it won't make a difference for the final ship date.


My worry about the 10th is twofold--one, I'm guessing it's going to take longer to tone than I expected it would. Two, I'm going to need a little extra time to finish gathering bonus material. ...I've got a third piece of good news there, but I'm going to hold off announcing til it's official.

Second piece of good news: I have a working computer! Meaning I can upload all the damn pictures from the last few weeks! So, what has happened in that time?


I drew some strippers


 Shocking, I know


 Even more shocking--I CLEANED AND ORGANIZED MY STUDIO.


Isn't it glorious? It's also for storage and some other things, so it gets messy so easily. 


I carefully measured out panel borders.


 Caring way too much about layouts.


 Making ugly, ugly sketches



OH WHAT A COINCIDENCE, I JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE THESE BOOKS BY PEOPLE I KNOW LYING AROUND, BOTH OF WHICH ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE.

Naw, seriously though. I'm currently reading All Men Of Genius by Lev AC Rosen, a fun little steampunk story with intrigue, transvestism and purdy words. I also recently got my copy of Distillum Vol 1. It's handy to have a friend publish a lengthy comic right before you. Pickles is just packed full of advice on self-publishing.



Oh, but the best is yet to come. Look inside.


HELL YEAH. She asked what the sketch should be, and I told her to draw Sidney getting a private dance from a Star Power stripper of her choice. Best. Sketch. Ever.


Oh also I drew more pages you guys





I got a little antsy about posting spoilers here, so there's a lot of sketchy stuff and out of focus stuff. But I was pleased enough with this next page to give you a nice little sneak peek




Some pencils...Next post I'll talk about paste downs. Got photos of them too, but this post is long enough as it is and I'm so very tired. Night night <3

No comments:

Post a Comment